Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Salvation by Faith

Amazing
    Owner
    Owner

Works : 193

Salvation by Faith

Post by Amazing on August 17th 2012, 11:35 am

When studying the subject of salvation, we constantly encounter the terms justification and sanctification. Whatever happens during these two transactions, it is said to come about by faith. Faith is the means, the instrument. In respect to this topic the message is clear: without faith nothing can happen! So this first study will examine the questions What is faith? And what does it mean "to believe"?

From the outset we need to avoid the trap of dividing the subject before us into what God does and what I do, what God has done and what I myself bring for it all to happen.

Paul presents the whole salvation experience as one that "starts from faith and ends in faith" (Rom 1:17, NEB). Maybe to his mind came that Old Testament text "the righteous will live by his faith" (Hab 2:4). The Old Testament noun that comes nearest to faith in meaning (emunah) really means "faithfulness." It envisions someone who can be trusted or relied on. And because he is trustworthy, I take the step of placing my trust in him>>>

Continue here:
    http://biblicalresearch.gc.adventist.org/documents/Salvation%20by%20Faith.htm

Current date/time is April 27th 2018, 11:57 am